Remote Work: How to Stay Connected and Organized
Learn below mentioned points from this article
- How to Keep Your Business Secure with Remote Workers
- Remote Workers Precautions
- Digital Communication Channels: When and How to Use
- Why Your Business Should Use Google Hangouts Meet
- Asana and Jira Software to Manage Your Team’s work, Projects, & Tasks online
- How Slack Strengthens Your Business
- Zeplin: The Perfect Tool for Designer/Developer Collaboration
- The Power of Figma as a Design Tool: Design At Scale
- Features and Benefits of Skype
- Zoom: Key Features and Benefits
- GoToMeeting: Major Benefits for Your Business
- List of Instant Messaging Apps
How to Keep Your Business Secure with Remote Workers
- Setup guiding principles, internal decision-making team, external benchmarking and support team
- Trust your employees that they can do it
- Motivate your employees and inspired by them
- Ensure your team is aligned on goals
- Know who is doing what, and by when
- Meet virtually to check in on priorities and progress
- Communicate with them often and utilize communication channels to connect
- Set Guidelines for each communication channel that you use.
- Keep the team spirit high and it is essential while doing work from home
Remote Workers Precautions
- Stay calm and build a stress-free zone
- Get up; don’t work from bed
- Set up a place ‘not’ to go
- Get ready just like you’re going to the workplace
- Close the door and have set office hours
- Stay connected with your team
When you are working from home, staying connected or staying in contact using the right tools to do it in the right channels is much more important and extra challenging. Communication is pretty easy and immediate with these channels.
Digital Communication Channels: When and How to Use
Currently, there are four different ways/methods for digital communication
- Video chat/call
- Phone call
- Instant messages
Why Your Business Should Use Google Hangouts Meet
Face to face meetings are the best way to communicate, right?
Staying productive while working remotely is challenging. Google meet will help you to stay productive and connected.
Here are benefits with Google Meet
- Plug-ins or specific account types are not needed to join the meeting
- Meetings are secure: Audio and video streams are encrypted.
- At a time 100,000 viewers are able to connect.
- You can able to record the session and can watch at any time
- You can share/present your screen to anyone and at multiple devices can be used
- You can able to provide meet link for anyone to join the meeting
- Even Without the internet people can able to join through a phone in some countries
Asana and Jira Software to Manage Your Team’s work, Projects, & Tasks online
Jira and asana are flexible issue tracking tools, which will help the team to plan, track, manage, report and release.
There are different versions of Jira depending on needs and for asana as well. You can choose the default workflow or else you can make your own.
- Under review
- Final approval
Asana and Jira will allow the user to create user stories and issues, plan sprints, and distribute tasks across your team. Prioritize and discuss your team’s work. Anyone in the team is able to check the status of the task.
Benefits of Asana and Jira Software
- Free to use: we can use this tool for free
- Beneficial for better visibility: The development and testing teams can communicate effectively with Jira and Asana. All members of the team are able to know when a task is starting and when it was finished.
- You can track time: using this tool you can track the time
- Better prioritization: we can manage the tasks easily using these tools. We can prioritize every task properly which helps to complete the tasks faster and accurately.
- Reports generation: We can download whole information regarding tasks like assignee, reporter, etc. and also for the future purpose we can download the reports based on tasks and time spent on the particular task.
It can be used by business teams, software developers, helpdesk agents, customers, HR teams, etc. it is useful for everyone.
How Slack Strengthens Your Business
Slack can replace instant messaging, email, text messaging and it’s like meeting space, bulletin board, and phone-tree for your whole organizing team. It can be used to communicate both as a group and in personal one-on-one discussions.
It’s a great tool to coordinate and collaborate, and a fun place to get to know your fellow organizers and activists. Communication is easy with this and it is flexible and approachable. Slack contains both desktop and mobile versions and you can share documents and files with some or all of your teammates (written, image, video).
Cons of Slack
It offers a free version with limited features. After a few days, the data will be lost in the free version.
Zeplin: The Perfect Tool for Designer/Developer Collaboration
Zeplin is mainly a collaboration tool for UI designers and front end developers.
It creates smoother collaboration around design artifacts. Via Sketch plugin, you can quickly export your artboards or wireframes or visual designs to Zeplin and you can also export code snippets in HTML, CSS, React Native, and other languages.
Benefits with Zeplin
- Saves time and money
- Easy to grab specifications
- Easy to navigate
- Good collaboration tool
- Helps to maintain consistent styles
Cons of Zeplin
The designer needs to maintain one more tool and It’s an additional step in the process to export and organize your artboards.
The Power of Figma as a Design Tool: Design At Scale
Figma makes it easier for web design. It contains a modern pen tool and instant arc design. By using vector networks you can draw in any direction, you can design pie charts, watch screens, design clocks using the arc tool, and it has advanced font features to fully express your brand.
Benefits of Figma
- You can invite unlimited viewers or colleagues
- You can easily export the exact assets in your required formats
- Any teammate can grab snippets of generated code for iOS, Android, and CSS
- Using this you can design flexible styles and in Figma, you can easily access libraries just with a simple drag and drop.
- You can automate and magnify your work with plugins. These plugins will be available for everything like stock imagery, color accessibility, icons, charts, flow diagrams, etc.
- Developers can collect design layout’s padding, spacing, and direction directly into code
Features and Benefits of Skype
- Experience crystal clear audio and HD video calling
- Enhances productivity and communication
- Connect from anywhere and stay connected with your family, friends, and colleagues
- Share files, photos, and videos up to 300MB with simple drag and drop.
- Make free Skype to Skype calling for up to 50 people (you plus 49)
- Easily share presentations, holiday photos or anything by simply sharing your desktop or mobile screen.
- Keep your sensitive information or personal chat private.
- High-Level security authentication
- Instantly react to any message with funny reactions or you can use @mentions.
- Record calls and can use live subtitles to read the words that are spoken.
- Reach the people who are not online.
- A single platform to hold video calls, chat, and host meetings or webinars.
Cons of Skype
- Skype has technical issues that prevent it from reaching its full potential.
- It freezes up a lot and causes disturbances in the video and sometimes we need to end the call and call again for better communication.
- According to users, it’s difficult to get help or support with Skype
Zoom: Key Features and Benefits
- In-depth support, phone support, FAQs, help articles, such as live help, online chat, and video tutorials.
- A single platform to hold video calls, chat, and host meetings or webinars.
- During a call, you can share screen easily
- Access meeting analytics like top users by meeting minutes
- Contains recording feature to save and document your sessions.
Cons of Zoom
- Expensive for larger teams
- Sometimes at the time of meeting the chat features are not available
- Based on some feedback, it is the poor, unpredictable video quality and it’s often blurry and pixelated.
GoToMeeting: Major Benefits for Your Business
- It’s a great way to get started with quick and easy online meetings with the free plan.
- You can collaborate with your friends or colleagues with high-quality screen sharing, webcams, VoIP audio and chat messaging in one session.
- App installation or download is not required.
- GoToMeeting contains end-to-end Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) and 128-bit Advanced Encryption Standard (AES) encryption, so completely private and secure.
- It offers robust and easy-to-use screen sharing functionality.
List of Instant Messaging Apps
Google Hangouts Chat, Facebook Workplace, Skype for Business, Slack, HipChat, Microsoft Teams, Flowdock, Stride, Basecamp 3, Mattermost, Hive, Crugo, Chanty, Jandi, Amazon Chime, Hubgets, Rocket Chat Troop Messenger, Chatwork, Flock, Cisco Webex Teams, Zoho Cliq, Twist, ProofHub, Missive, Spike, Moxtra, Blizz, HighSide, HiBox, Whatsapp and Telegram.
Best team chat apps are Slack, Microsoft Teams, Google Hangouts Chat, Twist, Flock, Discord, ChatWork, Cisco Webex Teams, Mattermost, Ryver, Zoho Cliq, and RingCentral Glip.
We hope you learnt some new tools, ideas and ways of looking at remote work for your business. If you have any comments or other ideas, leave a comment below. Have a great day
Views expressed are based on our experience and solely our own. We do not endorse any of the tools listed in this article.